What’s your favourite breakfast?❤️
Here’s an all-new and easy to prepare Spinach and Tomato Quiche made with our delicious French Maid! ✨
1 ¼ Cups flour
½ Cup cold Marigold Margarine
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp sugar
3.5 tbsp ice cold water
3 large eggs
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
3 cups spinach leaves
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, finely diced
1 large pimento, minced
1 tsp Worcestershire
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tbsp Constance Estate Garlic infused coconut oil
2 tbsp French Maid
Salt and black pepper to taste
– To a food processor add flour, butter and salt. Pulse until mixture reaches a “sandy texture” with some pea sized pieces throughout (3-4 pulses). Slowly add cold water and pulse to incorporate. Dump dough out on to a clean surface and lightly knead for 1 minute. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for 30 mins.
– Heat garlic infused coconut oil and French maid in a frying pan on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, chili flakes and pimento, sauté for 2 mins before adding the spinach. Sauté for a further 4 minutes until spinach is fully wilted.
– Combine eggs, heavy cream, salt and black pepper in a bowl and set aside.
– Lightly flour a work surface and roll out dough into approx a 12” circle ¼ of an inch thick.
– Place dough into a 9” quiche or pie dish. Use a fork to prick holes on the surface of the crust then cover with parchment paper and use rice, beans or pie weights to cover the paper and blind bake in a preheated oven at 400F for 10 mins.
– After 10 mins remove parchment paper as well as pie weights and bake for a further 5 mins or until lightly browned.
– Once the crust is baked evenly spread the cheese then top with the spinach mixture and pour over the egg mixture. Top quiche with cherry tomatoes.
– Bake quiche at 350F for 35- 40 mins or until the egg is just set.
– Remove from oven once done and allow to cool for 15 mins before serving.