Easter calls for Sweet Treats!
Buttery. Easy. Soft. Thick cookie dough made using our CGA Marigold Margarine!
Prep Time: 15mins Chill Time: 1-2hours Bake Time: 15mins Servings: 10-12
6 tbsp Marigold margarine
6 tbsp granulated sugar
25g eggs + pinch of zest
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp butter essence (optional)
1 1/8 C AP Flour + 1-2 tbsp as needed
1/4 tsp BP
* Pro Tip: Sub 6 tbsp Marigold with 3tbsp Marigold + 3tbsp Prize for an even softer cookie.
1. Combine flour, baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
2. Cream together margarine and granulated sugar on high speed until smooth and creamy.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk 1 large egg in a bowl. Using a kitchen scale, measure 25g of the whisked egg.
4. Add the eggs, essence and continue to beat on high speed until well combined.
5. Turn the mixer down to low and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient until combined.
Dough should be soft but pliable and not sticky. If the dough is too sticky add more flour 1 Tbsp at a time
until consistency is reached.
6. Lightly flour countertop and roll out the dough about 1/4 inch thick. Chill for at-least 1 or 2 hours.
7. Once chilled, preheat oven to 350°F / 177°C. Line baking sheet with silicone mat or baking paper.
8. Remove rolled cookie dough from the refrigerator. Using your cookie cutters, cut the dough into shapes.
Re-roll the remaining dough and continue cutting until all is used.
9. Line the cut outs on the baking sheet 2 inches apart and baking for 12-15mins or until the edges are
10. Allow cookies to cool completely before decorating with icing or buttercream.