Missing the Christmas season?! Don’t worry we got you covered! Try these Red Velvet & Lemon Cake Pops created by @sweetspicycrunchy and made using Constance Estate Infused Lemon Oil. They’re perfect for your simply sweet Christmas dessert even in January!
Red Velvet Cake
- 1 15oz Box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 1/3 cup melted CGA Margarine
Lemon Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp CGA Margarine
- 1/2 tsp CGA Lemon Infused Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
Cake Pop Chocolate Coating
- 12oz White Candy Melts
- 1 ½ tsp Shortening
- 24 Cake Pop Sticks
- Medium Sized Cookie Scoop
- Styrofoam Block
- In a large bowl combine box red velvet cake mix, eggs, water and melted CGA margarine. Spray baking pan with non-stick spray then pour cake batter into baking pan.
- Bake cake according to the instructions on box red velvet cake mix package. Once cake is finished baking, allow to cool to room temperature. Once cool trim the edges of the cake.
- In a medium bowl, whip butter and cream cheese using an electric hand mixer. Add CGA lemon infused coconut oil, lemon juice and vanilla essence. Then slow add in icing sugar and whip until fully combined.
- In a large bowl, crumble the cake with hands into fine crumbs. Gradually add all the lemon cream cheese icing and mix with a spoon until fully incorporated.
- Use a medium cookie scoop or spoon to scoop out cake pop mixture. Then roll the mixture into a ball using your hands.
- In a small bowl melt about 2oz of white chocolate. Heat chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds intervals to avoid overheating the chocolate.
- Dip cake pop sticks into melted chocolate then place the sticks into cake ball about halfway through. Once this is done for all the cake balls, place in freezer for about 12-15 minutes.
- Right before taking the cake balls out of the freezer, melt the remainder of the white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Once melted completely, add 1 ½ tsp shortening and mix in well. Then pour into narrow cup.
- One by one taking the cake balls out of the freezer, slowly dip the cake pops into the chocolate then slowly spin the cake pop to remove the excess chocolate. Then place cake pop in styrofoam block and place in freezer to set.
- Once all cake pops are dipped and set, drizzle extra candy melts on cake pops, add sprinkles & enjoy!