Cook from the HEART this Valentin’s Day with our Constance Estate Infused Oils! Check out this delicious Pasta Rose Recipe from idreamofoodie! Check them out on Instagram for more inspo and recipes!
4 cloves garlic minced
4 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 tbsp of butter
2 tbsp CGA Garlic infused Coconut Oil
1 cup of tomato sauce (any that you like)
3 peppers (cut into large pieces and deseeded)
1 large white onion, chopped
1/4 cup cooking cream
1/2 tsp of chili flakes
1 tsp of Worchestire sauce
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp of cumin
pinch of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of sugar
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese (optional)
salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350. Season peppers with Garlic Infused Coconut Oil, salt and pepper and place skin side down on your baking sheet. Roast for 20 mins or until slightly charred, tossing every 5 mins. Cover with foil until ready to use.
1. Heat oil in a large skillet. When the oil starts to ripple, add your minced garlic.
2. Sauté until fragrant and add butter. Toss in your onions and stir vigorously ensuring all pieces get nice and glossy. Add in thyme , salt and pepper then lower the heat and cover for 4-5 mins. The onion should get slightly brown.
3. Add your tomato sauce and roasted red peppers. Saute until fully incorporated. Add a touch of water at this point if required and reduce heat to simmer.
5. After 5 mins, uncover and add chilli flakes, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, and worchestire sauce. Season with salt and pepper and add sugar to cut the acidity. Simmer for an additional 4 mins then remove from heat.
6. When cooled, fish out the thyme stalks and add the mixture to your blender and pulse until the sauce is thick and smooth. It should change to almost a carrot colour.
7. Return sauce to the stove on medium heat and add your cream. Stir until incorporated and finish with a drizzle of Chili Infused Coconut Oil.
8. Serve over your favourite pasta and enjoy.
And that’s it! CGA makes it easy to cook from the heart this Valentine’s Day. Be sure to tag us when you try out the recipe.