How could something so rich and creamy also be heart healthy?
Our foodie friend Shaniya has taken a classic indulgence and turned it into a heart healthy, no-bake vegan dessert!
You can use Simply Natural or Nariel Coconut Oil for this one. Be sure to follow Shaniya on Instagram @eatwithniya for more scrumptious creations! Here’s the recipe
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 cup pitted dates
1/3 cup Nariel/ Simply natural coconut oil
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups cashews (soaked in water overnight or in hot water for 1 hour, then drain the water)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp lemon/lime juice
1/2 coconut milk
1/4 cup/ 4 dates
1 1/2cup pineapple
114g chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp. Coconut oil
- Prepare the crust: First blend the almonds in a blender or food-processor, pulsing just until a crumbled texture is formed. Then, add the rest of the crust ingredients, blending again until a slightly sticky dough is formed.
- Using clean hands, press the dough into an 8 or 9 inch pan lined with parchment paper or cheesecake pan.
- Prepare the filling: Add all the filling ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the filling over the crust. Then immediately place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare the coconut ganache: Place the dark chocolate and coconut milk in a microwave safe dish, heating for 40 seconds to melt. Add in the coconut oil, then stir continuously until shiny. Pour the chocolate ganache on top the filling layer and place back in the freezer to set for 4 hours (or overnight)
- Remove cheesecake from the freezer and garnish with desired toppings (shredded coconut was used here). Let it thaw for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Cheesecake can also be stored in the fridge.