Hop on board as Sweet Fancies takes us on a culinary journey with their take on the Turkish Karniyarik Stuffed Eggplant, using Constance Estate Garlic Infused Coconut Oil!
Prep Time: 18mins
Cook Time: 12mins
2-3 Small Eggplants
4 Tbsp Constance Estate Garlic Infused Coconut Oil
1 Medium Garlic Clove, minced
1 Tsp Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
1 Tsp Basil, finely chopped
Black Pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
1 Cup Minced Beef, seasoned to taste, cooked in a tomato sauce
Feta Cheese Crumbles, optional garnish
Fresh Parsley, optional garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Combine CE Garlic Infused Coconut Oil, garlic, rosemary. Add black pepper and salt to taste. (Keep in mind, your minced beef will also be seasoned with salt – don’t go wild).
2. Slice your eggplants in half length wise from the stem to bottom and create a series of cuts on the flesh inside. Generously coat with coconut oil mixture.
3. Place flesh-side down in a lightly greased pan and bake in the oven for 12mins or until tender to touch (test by poking with a fork).
4. Remove from oven and carefully flip over holding the stem. Using a tablespoon, carefully scoop out flesh from the centre, leaving enough around the sides for a sturdy shell. I saved the scooped out flesh for ‘choka’ but you can mix in with your beef filling.
5. Fill with cooked minced beef, top with feta cheese and parsley.
6. Best served while still warm; by itself, on a bed of rice or with salad.