Celebrating Pride Month! 🏳️🌈
🌈Pride Month honors those who were part of the most important gay rights protests and is a reminder that Pride can still fight for our rights!
RAINBOW SANDWICH LOAF
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup water, lukewarm
3.25 cup AP flour, + 1-2 tbsp more if needed
1/2 cup milk, lukewarm
2 tbsp Prize Margarine, melted + cooled
2 tbsp Marigold Margarine, melted + cooled
Pinch or two of salt
Gel food colouring – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple
• In your standing mixer bowl fitted with a dough hook – add yeast, water and 1 tbsp sugar. Allow to bloom for 5-10mins; mixture should be frothy.
• Add remaining ingredients- mix on low for about 1 minute until a
dough forms. Increase speed to medium and continue kneading for 5 minutes. Dough should be soft and pliable but not sticky – add additional 1/8 cup flour if needed.
• Transfer dough to floured surface and divided into 6 equal parts.
• Working with one piece of dough at a time, add a few drops of food coloring to the dough (you can wear gloves for this part) Knead the dough for a few minutes, until the food coloring is fully combined and the dough is smooth. Repeat this step with the remaining 5 pieces of dough.
• Lightly grease each piece of dough and 6 bowls; place each ball in the bowls. Cover and allow to rise for 1hr.
• Punch to release air. Roll each colored ball out onto a floured
surface. Try forming an oval approximately 6-7 inches long.
• Stack the colours on top of each other and press firmly to help keep them together.
• Tightly roll the stacked dough into a log and place seem side down into baking pan. Cover and allow to rise for atleast 45mins.
• Bake at 350F / 180C for 30mins. Once done, allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from pan. Immediately brush with butter