These Pink champagne cupcakes are the perfect treat to sweetly say “I Love You”. ?
Pink champagne cupcakes ❤️
1.5 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Marigold margarine
1 tsp salt
2 tsps baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup champagne
1/2 cup milk
1-2 drops pink gel food colouring
1 cup Marigold margarine
1/4 cup Hostess buttery spread
1/4 cup cream cheese
4.5 cups icing powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsps champagne
1 drop pink gel food colouring
– Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare cupcake tin with 12 liners.
– In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Also combine milk and champagne in a separate measuring cup and set aside.
-In the bowl of a standing mixer add margarine and sugar. Cream together for about 5 mins until light and doubled in volume. Then add vanilla and eggs one at a time, fully incorporating each one before adding the next.
– Add dry ingredients into creamed margarine mixture alternating with the milk and champagne. Mix until just combined.
-Divide batter equally into 12 cupcakes and bake for 15-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
– Remove cupcakes from oven and allow cupcakes to cool completely on a cooking rack.
-In the meantime, prepare the frosting by adding both Margarines and cream cheese into the bowl of your standing mixer and beat for about 3 mins on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add sifted icing powder and salt in 4 batches. Fully incorporate each batch before adding the next. Then vanilla and champagne and mix well.
– Once the cupcakes are cool pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and decorate with fresh fruit, sprinkles or chocolate.