Marshmallows stuffed with milk chocolate, dipped in a sweet batter, rolled in cornflake crumbs and deep fried in Simply Natural Coconut Oil. Dusted with icing sugar and served warm!
Prep Time: 20mins Cook Time: 30mins Servings: 12
12 regular sized marshmallows (can swap for 12 x-large sized marshmallows)
1 45g bar of milk chocolate, sweetened
2 cups prepared pancake batter
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of nutmeg
1 tsp brown sugar, optional
2-3 tbsp all-purpose flour, optional
1-2 cups of corn flakes crumbs
1 quart Simply Natural Coconut Oil, for frying
Powdered sugar, for dusting, optional
Chocolate ganache, for drizzling, optional
1. Fill your deep fryer or a small deep iron pot with oil and heat to 380-400F. Use a thermometer if needed.
2. Prepare marshmallows by cutting the centre of each marshmallow using a sharp knife moistened with
water. Do not cut entirely in half, only cut the centremost part. (Keep you knife moistened between cuts
to achieve clean cuts and avoid stickiness).
3. Prepare your chocolate – If using regular sized marshmallows, cut your chocolate pieces into corn-kernel
sized chunks. If using x-large sized marshmallows, use as is – most chocolate bars are already cut into
suitable rectangular pieces.
4. Insert chocolate pieces into each marshmallow, ensuring no chocolate is protruding.
5. In a medium bowl, add cinnamon and nutmeg to prepared pancake batter. The batter should be relatively
thick and not runny – add 2-3 tbsps of flour to acquire this consistency. Add sugar to taste. Let it rest while
emptying corn flake crumbs into a shallow dish.
5. Insert a skewer into each stuffed marshmallow and dip into batter, coating entirely and evenly.
6. Then, immediately roll your marshmallow into corn flake crumbs and coat entirely and evenly.
5. Once oil is at its right temperature – carefully remove skewer, place your s’mores into the fryer and fry
until golden brown, less than 1 min.
6. Remove from fryer and place on cooling rack or baking paper to drain excess oil.
7. Dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with chocolate. Serve while still warm.
Tips: Ensure both oil is heated to specified temperature and you’re using a deep frying pot. Lengthy frying
exposes the marshmallows to unwanted heat that will cause marshmallows to melt away entirely.