Looking for a delicious stuffing recipe for Christmas with an extra kick of chili? Check out this amazing Chili Stuffing recipe below:
- 1 bread loaf, cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pimentos, minced
- 1/2 cup raisins or cranberries
- 4 tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup olives, sliced
- 1 handful green seasonings, finely chopped ( parsley, rosemary, chive, chadon Beni, celery, thyme)
- 4 tbsp chili coconut oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 egg
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Toss cubed bread with 3 tbsp chili coconut oil and toast for 10-15 mins at 350°F.
- In a pot heat 1 tbsp chili coconut oil and butter. Add onions, pimentos garlic and sauté for 2-3 mins. Add sweet peppers, celery and sauté for another 5 mins. Add remaining ingredients except for stock and egg and sauté for a further 3 mins.
- In a large bowl add sautéed ingredients, cubed bread, beaten egg and gradually add stock, ensuring to mix well. Empty ingredients into a greased baking dish and bake at 350°F for 10- 15 mins.