Here is the perfect delicious recipe for Red Velvet Cupcakes using eithe Marigold or Hostess Vegan Butters:
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup Vegan Butter, softened (Marigold or Hostess)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 drops red food colouring
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp Marigold or Hostess Vegan Butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp Prize shortening
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup icing sugar (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl, sift and set aside.
- Beat Vegan Butter (Marigold or Hostess) and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in sour cream, milk, food colouring and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not overbeat. Spoon batter into 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Beat cream cheese, Marigold or Hostess Vegan Butter, Prize shortening and extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in icing sugar until smooth.