Made with Constance Estate Infused Chilli Oil and French Maid Margarine, this Shepherd’s Pie would be the hit of your Christmas dinner!
Here’s the recipe!
2 lbs russet potatoes, cubed
1/2 cup whole milk
1 tsp French Maid
2 tbsps margarine
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 lb minced beef or lamb
1 small onion, finely diced
1 stalk celery, finely diced
2 large pimentos, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsps tomato paste
1 1/2 tbsps flour
2 tbsps chili infused coconut oil
1 tsp French maid
1/2 cup frozen peas & carrots
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp all purpose seasoning
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsps freshly chopped herbs (celery, thyme, parsley)
1 1/2 cups beef stock
– In a large pot boil potatoes with 2 tsps of salt until fork tender(10-15mins).
– Drain potatoes before adding them back to the pot. To the potatoes add salt, black pepper, French maid, margarine and milk. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes until smooth and set aside.
– In a large pot over medium heat add chili infused coconut oil and French maid. Sauté onions, pimento, carrots, celery and garlic for 3-4 mins before adding the minced meat.
– Once the meat is browned add the tomato paste and let it cook for 3-4 mins before adding the flour. Let the flour cook for another 2-3 mins.
– Add beef stock, along with onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, all purpose seasoning, salt, pepper, Worcestershire and peas & carrots to the pot.
– Turn down the heat to low, cover the pot and allow it to simmer for 20 mins. Stirring frequently, after 20 mins uncover the pot and allow it to cook for another 5-8 mins or until the meat sauce is thick. Turn off the stove and add the fresh herbs.
– Add the meat mixture to a greased baking dish and spread the potato over the stop. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 30 mins and broil for 3-5mins or until the top is slightly golden brown.
– Let the pie cool for 20 mins before serving.