Prep Time: 20mins Chill Time: 1 hour Bake Time: 12 minutes
10 tbsp Marigold margarine, room temp
1/2 tsp vanilla
A dash of aromatic bitters, optional
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 1/2, all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon OR mixed ground spices
Pinch of salt, optional
2/3 cup sautéed or candied fresh sorrel, drained & finely chopped
1. Combine flour, spices, salt in a bowl and set aside.
2. Using a standing mixer – beat margarine, vanilla and bitters until smooth and creamy. Then add icing sugar
and mix until combined.
3. Slowly add flour while beating on low speed; mix until well combined. Be sure to scrape your bowl
throughout steps 2 and 3.
4. By hand – gently fold sorrel bits into dough until well and evenly incorporated. Shape the dough into a log,
wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate until firm or 1 hour minimum.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F / 177°C.
6. Using a sharp knife – cut your log into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place slices at least half inch apart on a baking
sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat. Use a fork to indent a pattern on top.
7. Bake for about 12 minutes, rotating baking sheet in the oven halfway through. Transfer to a wire rack
sheet to cool.