Not one, but TWO amazing hearty and heart healthy recipes using all 3 Constance Estate Infused Coconut oils!
Let’s get right into these brilliant recipes by The Poor Vegetarian. Be sure to follow them on Instagram @thepoorvegitarian for more delicious vegetarian meal ideas!
Aromatic Vegan Chilli
2 tbsp Garlic Infused Coconut oil
1 tbsp Chilli Infused Coconut oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
1 large bell pepper, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp dried oregano
1 bay leaf
1 can diced tomatoes, with their juices
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can red beans, rinsed and drained
1 can lentils, rinsed and dried
1 cup of corn, rinsed and drained
1 cup of coconut milk
1 cup of vegetable stock/water
1/2 cup of ketchup
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring garlic-infused coconut oil to a shimmer. Then add the chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped sweet pepper and carrot. Sauté until the vegetables are tender and the onion is translucent, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, cumin and dried oregano. Cook until fragrant, constantly stirring for about a minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and their juices, the drained black beans, red beans, lentils, vegetable stock/ water and bay leaf. Stir to combine and let the mixture come to a simmer. Continue cooking, add coconut milk and chilli-infused coconut oil, stirring occasionally and reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer, for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chilli from the heat and discard the bay leaf. Using an immersion blender, or a potato masher, blend/ crush until it reaches a thicker, more chilli-like consistency.
- Add the chopped cilantro, stir to combine. Add salt to taste —I added 1 more teaspoon at this point. Divide the mixture into individual bowls and serve with garnishes of your choice. This chilli will keep well in the refrigerator for about 4 days or you can freeze it for longer-term storage.
Accordion-style Rosemary & Lemon Potatoes
1lb potatoes, washed
4 tbsp of Lemon Infused Coconut Oil
1 tsp chopped rosemary
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Sea Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- First, thoroughly wash potatoes keeping the skin on. Cut the potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch pieces. Then, cut the ends of the potatoes.
- Align the potato horizontally and place the skewer on both sides of the potato. The skewers will be used as a gauge to cut vertical lines.
- Flip the potato over and cut diagonal lines.
- Push the skewer through the centre base of the potato (be careful not to puncture your hand). Gently stretch out the potato, starting with the bottom and work towards the middle.
- Place slices into a bowl of cold water.
- Arrange the potato skewers on a parchment-lined baking sheet. In a bowl combine, lemon-infused coconut oil, rosemary, salt and pepper, brush onto both sides of the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour, flipping gently halfway through. Once they are done the potatoes should have crispy edges and a golden brown centre.
- Allow the potato skewers to cool for 5 minutes. Add and garnish with fresh parsley.
Photography by: @storiesbyjehanne