What are your culinary plans for the Divali celebrations?
Here’s a mouth watering Mango Talkari made using Nariel Coconut Oil! Try it out and add it your Divali spread as one of your scrumptious sides!
Mango Talkari Recipe:
1 lb frozen or fresh green mangoes, sliced lengthwise
1/2 a small onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 scotch bonnet pepper, minced
10 Chadon beni leaves, finely chopped
1/2 tsp ground geera
2 tbsps amchar masala
1/4- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Salt to taste
2 tbsps coconut oil
– In a large pot boil mango for 30-40 mins or until tender.
– Once the mango is boiled, to a large pot add oil and sauté onions for 2 mins before adding pepper and garlic. Sauté this for a further 2 mins before adding 1/2 of the Chadon beni.
– Add mango to the pot and mix to combine.
– To the mango add salt, sugar, masala and geera. Mix thoroughly to coat mango before adding 1/4-1/2 cup water and letting the mango simmer for 15-20 mins.
– Finish mango off with the remaining Chadon beni and serve hot.