When was the last time you had a Strawberry Shortcake? Try this delicious recipe from our friends at My Sweet Fancies made using Prize Bread & Pastry Margarine. It’s just the sweetness you need!
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
180g Prize B & P Margarine, cubed
1 cup buttermilk, cold
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp coarse brown sugar, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a food processor, pulse the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
3. Add cubed Prize into the dry ingredients, pulsing several times until coarse crumbs form.
4. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl.
5. Pour cold buttermilk on top. Fold everything together with a rubber spatula until it begins to come together. (Do not overwork the dough).
The dough will be thick and crumbly. Place the dough and any crumbles onto a floured work surface and gently bring together with generously floured hands.
6. Using a rolling pin, flatten dough into a 1/2 inch thick circle. Cut 3-inch circles with a cookie cutter. (Avoid twisting the cutter when pressing down, this seals the edges and may prevent the biscuits from fully rising).
7. Place your circles close together on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking. Make sure the biscuits are touching.
8. Brush the top of the biscuits with heavy cream and sprinkle brown sugar. Bake for approximately 30mins or until golden brown.
1 carton fresh Strawberries
1.5 Tbsp lemon juice
1.5 Tbsp water
1/4 cup sugar, or as needed
1. Wash, and cute strawberries into quarters. Add berries, water and juice in a small saucepan and bring to medium heat.
2. Once bubbling, reduce heat slightly, add sugar and spices to suit your taste preferences.
3. Continue cooking over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes. The longer you leave your mixture, the thicker it gets.
4. Remove from heat and transfer to a clean jar or container to cool thoroughly. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Using a hand or stand mixer whip cream, sugar and vanilla on medium-high speed until soft-medium peaks form.
Slice the biscuits in half and layer with strawberries and whipped cream. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and whole strawberries. Serve immediately. We recommend serving with slightly warm biscuits, but you can enjoy biscuits room temp or even chilled.