Do you have a favourite Indian sweet?
We want to help you celebrate with this brand new sweet treat Halwa recipe made with our trusted Nariel Coconut Oil!✨ Find Nariel Coconut Oil at your favorite supermarket or shop it online at the link in bio. Save this post for later so you can get started with this delicious and festive recipe anytime!🍬
2 cups cream of wheat
⅔ cup granulated sugar
½ cup margarine
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 ¼ cup evaporated milk
1 cup water
½ tsp cinnamon powder
¼ tsp ginger powder
¼ tsp cardamom powder
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup cherries
¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- To a large frying pan on medium heat, parch cream of wheat until golden brown.
- While cream of wheat is parching, to a saucepan on low heat add evaporated milk, water, vanilla, spices, sugar, salt, raisins and cherries.
- Add Margarine and coconut oil to the parched cream of wheat, allowing it to melt, mix to fully incorporate.
- Turn heat down to low and slowly incorporate the warm milk mixture into the cream of wheat constantly stirring until a smooth and soft “dough” is formed. Add almonds and mix thoroughly.
- Grease an 8×8 pan and empty halwa mixture into the pan and spread out evenly. Top with extra cherries and almonds. Cut into squares and allow to cool completely before serving.