Are you a fan of Spooky Season? 👻
We are! We can’t get enough of the Halloween Sweet Treats! Plus, this year, we get to keep them all for ourselves. 🍭
No Tricks, Just Treats! Try our delicious and super creepy recipe for Eyeball Cakepops using our Marigold Margarine, found in the chilled section of your fave T&T Grocery! 🇹🇹
Follow the recipe below!
👁️ Eyeball Cakepops 👁️
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup marigold margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk + 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar , room temperature
1/4 cup Hostess buttery spread, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
*Extra ingredients needed
1 12oz bag white candy melts
red gel food colouring
forks or cake pop sticks
– Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a 9×9 square cake pan by greasing and lining with parchment paper.
– In a large mixing bowl cream together sugar and margarine for 4 minutes using an electric mixer. Then add eggs one at a time mixing well in between, along with the vanilla extract.
– In another bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
– Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients then add the homemade buttermilk. Mix until just incorporated.
– Pour cake batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 30-35mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove cake from the oven and then the pan and allow to completely cool on a cooling rack.
– Once the cake has cooled, use your hands to crumble the entire cake into fine crumbs and set aside. In a separate bowl combine all the icing ingredients and mix well.
– Add icing to the crumbled cake and mix thoroughly until a playdough consistency is met. Roll cake mixture into 24 equal balls roughly about 1.5 tbsp each and chill for 10 mins.
– In the meantime melt candy melts according to the package.
– Remove cake balls from the fridge and set aside on a parchment lined baking sheet. Dip the tip of the fork or cake pop stick into the candy melt and then carefully insert into the cake ball then return cake balls into the fridge for another 5 mins.
– Once again remove cake balls from the fridge and dip each one into the candy melt coating fully and place them back on to the line baking sheet and add an edible eye before the candy melt fully sets. After the candy melt is fully set then go in with red food colouring and add “blood” at the point of the fork insertion, allow to dry. Can be stored at room temp or in the fridge.