Chocolate or Rainbow Sprinkles? 🍩
We’ve got the most fun recipe for your July/August Vacation sweet tooth! Try the recipe for these delicious Vanilla Spiced Donuts below and now on our Blog! ✨ Don’t forget to save this recipe for later! 👇🏽
Vanilla Spiced Donuts💕
1 cup whole milk, luke warm
2.5 tsp instant yeast
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup melted butter
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
2 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 tsp salt
4 cups all purpose flour
Simply Natural coconut oil for frying
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup milk
½ tsp salt
Gel food colouring (optional)
– In the bowl of a standing mixer add flour, sugars, extract, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, butter and yeast. Knead dough on medium speed for about 5 mins or until a smooth dough forms.
– Transfer kneaded dough into a greased bowl, cover and allow to proof for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
– After dough has proofed turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out dough into a thickness of ½ an inch. — Use donut cutter to cut out as many donuts as you can. You can knead the dough remains, allow to rest for 10 mins then repeat the process.
– Place donuts on a lightly floured surface and cover with a damp cloth and allow to proof for 30 mins.
– In a large pot on medium heat add 2 quarts of oil. Add a couple donuts at a time and allow to fry on each side for 1-2 mins or until golden brown. Drain donuts on paper towel and let cool completely before icing.
– To make icing combine all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until smooth, add your desired colour. Dip each donut to icing, add sprinkles then place on a cooling rack to drip excess icing. Allow icing to hardened for 20 mins before eating.