Here is our CGA Trini Christmas Back Cake recipe:
- 1 lb Marigold Margarine or Butter
- 1 lb sugar
- 10 eggs
- 2 tbsp. Constance Estate Lemon Infused Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup browning
- 1 lb prunes & sultanas
- 1 lb raisins & currants
- ¼ lb mixed peel
- ½ lb cherries
- 1 ½ cups cherry brandy/wine
- 2 cups rum
- Combine all fruits 3 days before and soak in wine and rum.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Add in Constance Estate Lemon Infused Coconut oil and essence.
- Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon, fold into creamed mixture gradually.
- Add fruit and browning to give desired colour, stir well.
- Put in lined pans ¾ full and bake for one hour at 250F, reduce heat to 200F and bake for 1 ½ hours or until tester comes out clean.