Garlic Pork is a typical Trini Christmas dish! We used our Constance Estate Garlic coconut oil to make a special Garlic Prk recipe here:
- 2-3 lbs pork shoulder, cut into bit size pieces
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white Vinegar
- 1 handful of green seasonings, minced (chive, thyme, chadon Beni)
- 1 cherry pepper, minced
- 3 tbsp Constance Estate Garlic Coconut Oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine pork, green seasons, 2 tbsp garlic coconut oil, garlic, cherry pepper, salt and black pepper, mix well.
- Add pork into a clean airtight glass container and cover with vinegar. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate for 3 days.
- Remove pork from vinegar mixture and pat dry. To a pot add 2 tbsp of garlic coconut oil on medium heat and fry pork in batches until browned and crisp. Finish it off with some more chadon Beni and serve hot.