Constance Estate Lemon Coconut Oil is a great addition to your typical Christmas Fruit Cake. Check out our Christmas Fruit Cake recipe here:
- 1 cup Constance Estate Lemon Coconut Oil, plus more for greasing
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup red glace cherries
- ½ cup blanched almonds
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) round cake pan, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, then grease the parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, both sugars, the baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, milk, eggs and lemon zest, then whisk in the flour mixture until combined. Using a spatula, fold in the fruits.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place almonds on top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool 10 minutes, then invert the cake onto the rack and let cool completely.