Interested in making a delicious Rum Cake? See the recipe details below –
- 1 1/4 cups Hostess Buttery Margarine (Vegan Butter)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 1/3 cup powdered milk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- ½ cup Hostess Buttery Margarine (Vegan Butter)
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons dark rum
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- Cream together the butter and sugar at high speed until light and fluffy
- Stir in the eggs, a one at a time, beating the mixture well between each one.
- Add in the flour, powder milk and baking powder into the batter, alternating with the milk –until fully absorbed by the mixture.
- Then add nutmeg cinnamon, rum and vanilla extract
- Stir well until everything is fully combined.
Grease a Bundt pan and if using pecans, sprinkle onto bottom
- Pour batter into Bundt pan, on top of the pecans.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, 55-60 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- In a small saucepan combine butter, sugar and rum over medium heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly to prevent any burns. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Poke little holes into the cake with a toothpick. Spoon the syrup over the cake and let it soak in. Let the cake cool to room temperature before serving