We love using our Hostess Red Margarine in our lovely Buljol recipe. See details here:
- 2 cups Cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 med Sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small Carrot, shredded
- 1 small Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 pimentos, finely minced
- 1/2 cherry pepper, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup salted fish, shredded
- 5 chadon Beni leaves, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp Red Hostess Margarine
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Soak salted fish in boiling water and lime juice for 10- 15mins. After soaking the fish drain the water and squeeze excess water from the salted fish.
- In a large pot heat oil, and sautee onions, garlic, pimentos, cherry pepper and salted fish for 3-4mins on a med to high heat.
- Add the remaining vegetables along with red hostess margarine and cook for 10- 15mins. Lastly, add chadon beni and serve.